With a few lifestyle changes, you shouldn’t be experiencing it one a regular basis.
This video explains how acid reflux happens. It’s actually natural for a bit of acid to splash up the esophagus from time to time.
There’s a cool trick to kind of force your body to stop acid reflux which is worth looking at as well: Heartburn No More Video
Not my video but it’s worth a watch.
Learn How To Cure Acid Reflux (GERD), Heartburn & Related Symptoms in 2 Days!
100% Guaranteed Natural Method To Cure Acid Reflux (GERD) Fast & Permanently.
Acid Reflux, also called Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), is a chronic condition in which liquid content of the stomach leak back (reflux) into the esophagus. The abnormally refluxed gastric contents usually contains acid. When this refluxed gastric acid touches the lining of esophagus, it causes heartburn, a burning sensation in the chest or throat . Acid reflux disease symptoms include chronic heartburn symptoms.
Chronic symptoms of heartburn need consultation with a physician to rule out the cause of acid reflux. Peptic ulcers, hiatus hernia, gastritis, sphincter defect of the esophagus, are some conditions mimicking GERD symptoms. Smoking, alcohol, and pregnancy are some risk factors causing symptoms of acid reflux disease.
Milk can be a good reliever of acid reflux. Cold milk helps reduce the acidic effect and gives temporary relief. Go for fat-free skim milk, as fat in the milk can lead to greater production of acid in the stomach.
* Coconut water, buttermilk with coriander juice is also known to reduce acidity.
* Increase fiber intake with lots of vegetables, like, leafy greens, bitter gourd, cucumber, and pumpkin.
* Ginger and garlic are known to aid in the digestion process, and thus, reduce the back up of contents into esophagus.
* Fennel seeds benefit in digestion and act as a powerful reliever of heartburn. It is either consumed with warm water or as fennel tea.
* Herbal tea and green tea are known to be effective.
* Licorice and Aloe vera are good for stomach ailments and acidity.
* Cardamom, chamomile, and sandalwood are some herbs used to for their soothing effects on the stomach.
Foods to Avoid : Coffee, alcohol, spicy food, chocolate, peppermint, and fatty foods tend to aggravate the symptoms of acidity. Carbonated drinks, tomato sauce, and fried foods increase acid secretion. Citrus fruits like, lemon, oranges, and pineapple should be avoided. Avoid processed and flavored foods. In addition to the above foods, there are specific substances that cause heartburn only in a particular individual. A food diary would help find out such foods.
Thank you very much for watching our video.
interesting video. video is excellent and educational. greeting
This answer originally appeared on this Quora question on Acid Reflux.